Light up Equal eDucation
- Initiating a competition to create more equal opportunities in education for children in developing countries, especially Africa, and to enlarge the impact of local charity and leading technology and to develop leadership skills for talented local youth.
- The main objective of the competition is to let the public realize that helping to achieve equal education do not require as much from them. A little help from each one will add up together to make huge impacts. The competition will take form in multimedia.
To create a media-wise production, along with the use of stastics, in order to raise awareness. The production will be posted on Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube for evaluation.
Vancouver secondary school students.
2-6 people per group
Production (one of the following):
1. static (i.e. poster/comic strip, etc.)
2. moving (i.e.video/advertisement/documentary, etc.)
-> 3-5 minutes
5 weeks in total
-> 3 weeks of production
-> 2 weeks of evaluation
Mar 1 – Apr 1 Registration
Apr 6 Orientation
Apr 7 Compeition officially starts (teams are allowed to quit at this stage)
Apr 11 Copy of initial proposal (will give feedback & no more quitting after submission)
Apr 16 Halfway check up (second edition of proposal)
Apr 20 Presentation
Apr 6 – Apr 20 Production period
Apr 20 – May 4 Evaluation period
May 4 Evaluation Presentation and Results
- Plagiarism is forbidden
- Cannot use Buy Likes but can use paid official marketing programs
- Submission after deadline will not be accepted.
- Appropriate use of words and respect of culture.
- Follow copyright act and privacy act.
- Respect local businesses and residents.
- Quitting competition after the first submission of plan is NOT ALLOWED.
1 Overall Winner and 3 Categoy Winner
Overall Winner: All the money donated will be in the team members’ name
Category Winner: Acknowledgement in the category (certificates and medals)
All other parcipants: Certificates and medals
Notes: Every participant will take and receive a group photo